About the Speakers
Howard Brod Brownstein
President of Brownstein Corporation
Howard Brod Brownstein, CTP, is a nationally-known turnaround and restructuring professional, and regularly provides programs for Women in the Boardroom. He is President of Brownstein Corporation, which provides turnaround management and advisory services, as well as investment banking, fiduciary services, litigation consulting, investigations and valuation services. He regularly serves on the boards of directors of public and private companies, and currently serves on the boards of: P&F Industries (Nasdaq: PFIN) where he chairs the Nominating/Governance and Strategic Planning & Risk Assessment Committees, Renew Financial, where he serves as chair of the Risk Committee, and Merakey, a nonprofit with over 10,000 employees. He is a Certified Turnaround Professional, and also an NACD Board Leadership Fellow and Immediate Past President and Board Chair of the NACD Philadelphia Chapter. He has authored ninety articles and textbook chapters, is a Contributing Editor at two publications, and is a regular guest-lecturer at Harvard Business School, Wharton, NYU and elsewhere. He received JD and MBA degrees at Harvard, and B.S. (Wharton) and B.A. degrees from the University of Pennsylvania.
Brita Dagmar Strandberg (she/her/hers)
Founder and Principal, Strandberg Strategy LLC
Brita is a strategic advisor to communications and technology companies, with a particular focus on helping those companies grow and scale to prepare for initial public offerings. She brings her background as a trusted regulatory advisor to board service, using her experience to help companies identify and navigate risk while meeting business goals.
Brita serves as an independent Director and member of the Audit and Compensation Committees of Aircall.io, a cloud-based telephony and contact center provider. Aircall has raised over $226 million in funding, with a valuation of over $1 billion, and reached more than $100 million in annual recurring revenue.
As lawyer and advisor, Brita’s clients have included Zoom, RingCentral, Cisco, Vonage, T-Mobile, Sprint and LogMeIn. She has helped clients successfully navigate regulatory change, international market entry, operational challenges, technology and market evolution, transactions and IPOs, and regulatory audits and enforcement, and has served as an expert witness on matters of telecom regulation.
Throughout her career she has focused on diversity and belonging, working as an employment and civil rights lawyer, leading the Washington, DC LGBTQ+ bar association, and creating the role of Diversity Partner at her former firm.
Senior Advisor, Non Executive Board Member
Global executive with 25 years of experience in Fortune 50 companies; main focus on scalable business growth, M&A as well as business transformation.
• Ran Amazon’s M&A HR practice, including joint venture and divestiture activities for all businesses globally. Major projects included acquisitions of Whole Foods Market, Souq, Ring, PillPack and numerous deep tech acquisitions for AWS that built cornerstones of new global business segments like grocery, home security, pharmacy.
• Successful track record of managing restructuring initiatives across different companies and regions, e.g. Amazon’s first business shut down (Quidsi, NJ) that allowed it to create a global playbook for future restructuring projects.
• Created and established an organizational approach that would allow future Retail categories and country expansions to incubate in one EU location with minimal overhead in other EU sites to streamline processes and vendor relationships while still allowing for a local customer experience (e.g. Italy, Spain, Turkey, Automotive, Consumables)
• Led several organizational and cultural transformations including Amazon EU’s first major Retail reorganization project to restructure all Apparel categories in order to mirror the operating structure of respective vendors in Europe; built a performance- and value-based evaluation approach for METRO globally across the entire organization, from frontline through to senior executive positions.
• Managed the ESG strategy at METRO that focused strongly on sustainable supply chains, replacement of plastic packaging as well as reduction of food waste resulting in a 15% YoY reduction and all packaging for own brand products could be switched to either biodegradable or at least recycled plastic packaging.
• As part of the DE&I strategy at METRO, managed the petition to influence lawmakers in Germany to reconsider changes to the German Blood Donation Act to eliminate waiting time for members of the LGBTIQ+ community.
Chief Executive Officer and Founder, IsAdvice & Consulting LLC
Pamela Isom is an experienced Global Technology Executive with large government agencies and mid-sized corporations. She brings over 30 years of public and private sector combined experience stewarding safe, innovative digital transformations, corporate governance, risk management, financial excellence and AI, Data and cybersecurity strategies. Provides extensive insights, advising B2B and B2C on balancing innovation and risks, strategic asset and portfolio management, and leadership in AI for banking, energy, defense, e-commerce and telecommunications industries.
CEO of IsAdvice & Consulting firm that blends AI and cybersecurity to successfully guide strategic decision intelligence and autonomous systems education, research and integration, and business development, empowering equity, opportunity, and sustainability.
ForHumanityTM Certified Auditor, AI.
Oversight and IT expertise as Chief Innovation Officer and Cybersecurity Executive at FWG Solutions led to substantial business growth, compliance and certifications.
Established inaugural research program where DOE, NASA and industry partners issued millions in grants to early career researchers posing challenges that advance science through AI and space simulations. 54% increase in diversity including gender and ethnicity among grant recipients.
Launched inaugural DOE AI Advancement Council, which was integrated into The White House, Blueprint for an AI Bill of Rights.
Served as a White House National AI Council, MLAI Subcommittee executive member, National AI Strategy and Networking & Information Technology Research & Development (NITRD).
Strong B2C results at Dell turned around troubled projects, increased creditability, and data center transformations.
Advanced IBM consumer trust in asset and wealth management, electronic banking and e-commerce across B2B and B2C service lines.
Selected and served on IBM North America IP Board.
Selected as Bowie State University (BSU) Computer Science Advisory Board Member.