You’ve gotten the call or email. You are a possible candidate for a corporate board. Very exciting! But now what? What are they going to ask me? What should I ask them? What do I need to do before I talk with them?
They might want to speak with you that day so you need to prepare yourself ahead of time. Here are just a few questions you should ask them:
WHAT IS THE VISION, STRATEGY & PLAN?
– What is the 3 to 5 year plan for the company?
– What is the strategic planning process?
– Is the potential for risk included in the strategic planning?
– Is there a succession plan for the CEO, board and senior staff?
WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ME AS A DIRECTOR?
– Am I being considered because of my skill-set?
– What is the expectation in terms of that and is there anybody else who has that skill-set on the board?
– Am I additive?
WAYS TO PREP FOR THE BOARD INTERVIEW…
YOU WILL FIND A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE IN OUR RECORDED WEBINAR LIBRARY
10 Essential Questions to Always Ask in a Board Interview
Preparing Yourself for Public Board Candidacy
What to Do Before Your Board Interview
Avoid or Approach: What Response Do You Trigger in Your Interactions?
Learn What Directors Really Want & Need in the Boardroom
LET US HELP YOU
We’re here to translate the intellect, skills and expertise of senior-level executive women into inaugural or additional corporate director roles. Watch this video on who we are & what we do for more information, visit us online or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help you.